Saturday, August 16, 2014

Multi-monitor gaming

Managed to dig out spare monitors from the storehouse, now I can finally play games on 3 monitors!

My graphics card is the Chinese Colorful GTX 750. It has 3 ports at the back, 1 VGA, 1 DVI, and 1 HDMI. I used 1 HDMI to DVI cable for the first monitor, 1 DVI to DVI for the 2nd, and 1 VGA to VGA for the third monitor.

Here's the outcome:

I now have one super wide desktop. Panorama wallpapers look absolutely awesome!

3-monitor Payday 2. All 3 monitors have 4:3 aspect ratio

3-monitor Payday 2



In this experiment, I tried to determine if the same monitors (the same aspect ratio) is needed for 3-monitor gaming to work. For this and the following photo I replaced the center monitor with a widescreen one (16:9 aspect ratio). To my surprise, the center monitor isn't skewed or stretched; it worked perfectly!

Aspect ratios of monitors from left to right: 4:3, 16:9, 4:3. No problems with the graphics!

After playing several rounds of Payday 2 I discovered that the side monitors really help in spatial awareness. I can remember map layouts much better with the side monitors around!

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing Gaming monitor It's really an amazing technology.Looking for more updates from your side. Thanks

    ReplyDelete