Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Using Yowsup to get groups and group information

Took me a while to figure this out.

I had a particularly annoying problem with Python: it thinks that I'm giving it 14 parameters when I'm giving it 2. In particular, I had to add dummy parameters to sendGetGroups and sendGetGroupInfo inside connectionmanager.py so that I can pass arguments to them correctly.

Using Yowsup to get information about a group

Using Yowsup to get the list of all groups the user is participating in

Files:
Yowsup\connectionmanager.py
Examples\GroupInfoClient.py
Examples\GetAllGroupsClient.py
yowsup-cli

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I am not a tech guy but I would like to auto respond with a vcard people that message me.

    Can you please help me to implement that on my computer or give me a step by step guide.

    thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete