Monday, September 9, 2013

MK 809 III Android mini PC

The MK 809 looks like an oversized thumb drive that plugs into a HDMI port, but it is a full fledged android pc. I was quite excited when I saw it on sale on Qoo10; I've been wanting a powerful arm computer to test BOINC on, and the MK 809 III has 4 cores, fits into my palm and uses a phone charger. Sweet!

I'm more bitter about the price though. The Qoo10 seller was selling at S$96 including shipping fees. That's out of my budget. Decided to source upstream, and found it alibaba.com, selling for US$45 a piece. However, there is a minimum order of 10. Thus finally, I went to it's sister site, aliexpress, and found one selling at US$57. Perfect!

I wonder if an Android OS can be used for programming?

Would update when the item arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment